When I am not flying little airplanes or exploring various far-flung parts of this delightful orb we ride on I have the the privilege of helping others solve interesting techonolgy problems. In my spare time I also wrote a silly little URL shortener, called uber.hk, some tools to help manage your BlackBerry, track your finances, visualize data, and share your pictures.
If I were asked to summarise myself I'd probably use words like aviator, technologist, whovian, and possibly gamer and geek. I respond enthusiastically to interesting challanges and problems needing solutions.
I like cloud methodology but generally distrust "the cloud". So far this works out OK for me since I have a very complete personal IT infrastructure.
Outside of technology I enjoy travel, which is one of the reasons I enjoy aviation. At last count I have visited 4 continents, 43 airports, and 4 countries in the last few years. At some point I think it would be neat to own a plane, though being a member of the Williamson Flying Club does make it easy to reap the benifits without quite as much of the cost.
- Quick and easy bulk DNS record creation with Powershell (A and PTR)
- Finally finished my dump1090 ADS-B receiver
- Bluetooth woes with Toyota Entune… solved?
- Debian (Raspbian) packages for dump1090 and rtl-sdr.
- Building an ADS-B receiver with a Raspberry Pi, a DVB-T stick and some bits.
- Mailman on Debian 7 (wheezy) and the new Yahoo/AOL DMARC policy
- Long solo cross country complete!
- Short solo cross country, complete!
- Proof that I am not just complaining
- Monitoring SnapVault in a vFiler on NetApp Data ONTAP (7-mode)